Can I still buy 50mm upstand for worktops?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a nightmare. Want to replace my exisiting worktops which are fitted with 50 mm matching upstands and then tiled directly above these. Everywhere seems to stock wider upstands, which would mean I'd have to cut into the tiles to fit them?
Any ideas please..!! :cry:

Sponsored Links
That's a possibility. Thanks for the idea.

Not sure how the cut edge could be finished off to look OK though - if you see what I mean..? :)

Agreed - but you'd have the cut edge downwards onto the work top, leaving the finished edge visible....a thin fillet of silicone sealant would keep the joint wholesome. :)

Sponsored Links
Of course! Doh! will ask the question of the DIY shop to see if they are willing to cut the upstand for me! The one I really like is 10 cm wide, so would need to be cut in half.
Thanks for the advice. :LOL:

You're welcome...I don't think the likes of B&Q etc would do it for you, but a firm called Tyneside Timber used to do this sort of thing. Good luck with it! Cheers John

You're right. B&Q arent renowned for their customer service. Have heard of Tyneside Timber though. I can but ask them...!
Thanks again John. :LOL:

yes you can still get 50 mm upstand,ive recently fitted some iirc it came from howdens.

Thanks for that - would be OK except the tiles running on top of the existing 50 cm upstand have been lovingly and carefully cut and laid in a diamond design using alternate coloured tiles, so the effect would sadly be lost.... Nothing's ever simple, is it! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back