Can I tile over an wetroom floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a bath and I want to do away with the wet room, as my better half hates it. What I want to know is it ok to tile over the wet room floor as it is covered with no slip flooring?

If I can tile can you advise on the type of adhesive to use.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Osca

Sponsored Links
a photo may help as 'non slip flooring' can mean a lot of things. if its altro style flooring which looks a bit like a sheet of linoleum but is a but harder to the touch then no, your far better to take it up.

if it non slip flooring...it will be altro..

so you will have to lift it..
2 things..you wont get an adhesive to bond to it..
..and it more than likley be overlaid onto 6mm ply,which is no good for tile fixing to..

the ply will probally be nailed down,so just get a spade etc and lift the ply,bit of elbow power.. ;)

It is on 3/4 ply . Would that be good enough if I list the floor covering?

Thanks again
Osca

Sponsored Links
osca
that altro (if put down properly) will be stuck down with f ball adhesive and trying to lift it up will be bloody hard mate,it will probally pull the wbp ply up with it,and if you do manage to get the flooring up,there is the adhesive stuck to the ply....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back