Can I turn a push fit fitting? Or will that cause a disaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Under kitchen sink pipes but in years ago by kitchen fitters is a mess. They were going to do plastic, I asked for copper I got a mish mash of both..and all a bit mad - love the hot water feed for washing machine - two elbow in less than 10 inch...why?
Anyway hose to washing machine started leaking (cold feed) - got a new one struggled to get it attached to the connector/isolator - can only just get a hand to it. New hose is leaking slightly where it connects to isolator - want to try nipping it up with a spanner but can't get to it ..especially not whilst holding the rest of the pipe work still - if I damage it upstream of the isolator I will have to isolate the water for the whole house.
Very tempted to turn the whole pipe to the side so it is easier to get too ...will it work? or likely to be a disaster? A really bad idea ?
I've put on arrows where I want to twist it ... bring the isolator up a bit so I can actually get a spanner to it....

Attachments

• IMG_20150929_140302 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_20150929_140302 (768x1024).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20150929_140548 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_20150929_140548 (768x1024).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 145
Sponsored Links
Yes, you can turn it. Loosen the nuts on the speedfit fitting a bit first and tighten them again when you're done.

Thanks - :) I'll try tomorrow then if I have a disaster I have all day to sort it out (and I'll hold you personally responsible if it does all goes hideously wrong ;))
So far it has been a nightmare - so if any thing can go wrong it will ...really nothing would surprise me ....and it should have been a 5 min job....:cry:

Sponsored Links
Agree with denso, you can turn them all day long. Never had one leak and I've used loads (not that I like to admit it)

I'm no plumber, but that is a right mess under there. Shame they didn't use a plumber if they lacked the skills.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back