Can I use 13A plug for CBCONW10 single oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought CBCONW10 single oven from Currys to be installed under counter where we previously had a dishwasher. I realised after purchasing opening up that it needs hard wiring. The Manual says, its energy consumption is .79KWH. I have a double socket behind the cabinet next to where I want to install the oven. Can I install it using a normal 13A plug into which we previously had the Dishwasher plugged in.

Many thanks for your advise.

Sponsored Links
It should tell you in the manual, as a rule those that can be plugged into a 13A socket usually have a plug fitted to them.

0.79Kw seems a tadge low for an oven as most oven elements are around the 2Kw mark.

.79kw is standard now for basic built in ovens, they are A rated due to the low power consumption, I assume they are well insulated as the oven is quite small , though described as Medium in size.

Never fitted a new no name model before only done Badged makes so not seen any this low powered.

All those that can be plugged in that I have done have a flex lead with a plug wired in already so this smacks of a teeny money saver.

Sponsored Links
Never fitted a new no name model before only done Badged makes so not seen any this low powered.

All those that can be plugged in that I have done have a flex lead with a plug wired in already so this smacks of a teeny money saver.
Not limited to nameless ovens, Bosch etc do them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back