Can I use a pump on bath only??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a new whirlpool bath. The pipes for the previous bath were used - this bath was removed some time ago and I was not aware of any pressure problem on this previous much smaller bath ( new property). Now everything is completed in new bathroom - the only problem is very poor pressure from taps (both hot and cold) on bath. The pressure on the basin and shower is good.
Can I put any pump to increase pressure for bath only - hot and cold? Does anyone know which pump could be used? Or is there another solution - such as trying to make the pipes supplying taps narrower ( I do not know how wide they are)? Need to get it soon as workman coming on Monday and may not be able to do it after that!! Thanks for any reply!

Sponsored Links
Just to add - if required - could/should I run pump for the whole of that bathroom if it is not possible to only pump to bath? Again - what pump to use? Thanks

I should have added that the hot and cold water supply is from a communal boiler and communal tanks in flats - the pressure is generally low from them ( ie cold water does not have enough pressure for an ordinary electric shower ( elsewhere in flat).

Can you measure the flow rates from the hot and cold bath taps, and also from the basin hot and cold taps, and post the results here?

Sponsored Links
@ Goldberg - don't have any equipment to measure the water pressure myself, unfortunately.

You need to measure the flow rate, not the pressure.

You can do it with a measuring jug and a watch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back