Can I use EPDM to replace my summer house roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a basic question, My summer house roof is currently felt and getting old and won't last another winter (Had major water damage from last winter...). I'd like to use rubber as it seems the obvious solution with little downside Vs felt based systems. My problem is the summer house has a "raised glazed section in the middle so the rubber would be a rectanglar with a rectangular hole in middle. Has anyone ever done this before? does it even make sence to try? I can't find a single example of anyone doing this on any of the web site so I'm starting to doubt myself.

thanks
Muumi

Sponsored Links
Yes you can do this. You'll have to cut the 4 corners right down to the deck as pic below, get rid of the cut out and flash the corners using the flexible formflash purchased seperately

rubber-dressing-skylight.jpg

Just like Roofline said, Pretty simple if you know what your doing.

Are you going to have a go yourself?

My advice is to get qualified fitters if your unsure, Because the 4 corners are going to a ''WEAK'' spot, Unless flashed correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back