can I use flashing type to fix shed leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My shed's felt is very old and was leaking. So I bought some new felts and replaced the old ones. After some heavy rain, I found some leaks from one or two places that the felt sheets overlapping.

I am wondering if I can use some flashing tape to seal these places or I have to buy some new felts and re-torch the the overlapping areas?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181518510932?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

Just re-read your post, is it torch on felt on a flat roof?

Post some pics if you can.

It is flat roof and I used blow torch to seal the overlapping places.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
You need to check you have sealed the joins properly..reheat them if you haven't

Sponsored Links
so flashing tapes won't work? Seems cheaper than buy a new torch.
Do I need to use some adhesive first and then torch it?

You won't need adhesive with torch on felt.

What type/thickness of felt did you use?

Hi,

My problem is that when I torch the edges (the places that felts overlapping), the felt does melt but actually difficult for them to glue together. I can't really walk around the shed roof (as it is not strong enough), so I used some bricks to try to make sure they to stick together. But often I found that I have to re-torch again (what happened here).

That is why I am trying to find some alternative (like some kind of tape I can just stick it on).

Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back