Can "Multifunction Tools" cut concrete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone!

I need to channel out the concrete floor in our house to run low-voltage (telephone, network) cables across doorways. I've been thinking to invest in a "Multifunction Tool" such as Bosch PMF 250 or similar for this and other tasks.

Has anyone tried to cut concrete with these vibrating tools? All the bits advertised are for cutting wood or metal or grout cleaning; not exactly the same hardness as concrete!

I could do it with an angle grinder and suitable blade but getting into the edges of the doorway will be impossible. And the wife will kill me if I fill the place with dust although I could rig up the vacuum to try to catch most of it. I assume the vibrating cutters would raise less dust.

Please let me have your opinions!

Many thanks... :)

Sponsored Links
It's an angle grinder for this one, I'm afraid......with a sharp cold chisel to help in the corners.
Drilling some holes in the corners would also help a bit.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Trying to cut concrete with a multitool would be a bit like trying to bail out a sinking boat with a teaspoon!

Trying to cut concrete with a multitool would be a bit like trying to bail out a sinking boat with a teaspoon!

------ with a hole in it :D

your analogy made me laugh out loud :D

Obviously none of you have been on a sinking boat. Give me a man with teaspoon over an electirc bailer any day!

How does the sailing saying go.. Best bailer in the world is a scared man and a bucket!!

Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back