Can someone give me the 'nod'?

Sponsored Links
Some - quite a lot - of thermal store systems end up leaking due to inadequate corrosion inhibitor having been used. That has given them a bad name. Also, the Heat Bank variety will have to have limescale removed from its heat exchanger, probably every several years. Not a huge job if it's plumbed in with proper valves. Coil-in tank "Thermal Store" ones aren't so susceptible. Both types seem to be used mostly in New Builds, I've seen several 20+ year old ones untouched and working fine.
It's just one of a number of options (as you've found).
Stick a query on Screwfix and we'll all have fun reading the replies. :evil:

Remember that whatever the "best" solution, if you can't get someone to install, understand or maintain it, you'll regret it!

Sponsored Links
Thermal Store...........80`s estate c.100 houses.......hard water area.......all gradually being replaced...... because they are leaking ,visibly to the outside under the foam insulation.....(by combis)........not by me , I`m not CORGI :cry: .............Hope this helps your decision ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back