Can someone help me please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant Ecotech plus 615 system boiler.

I am currently renting a council property, last week my water wasn't heating up so i called out the gas engineer. He spent all of 60 seconds upstairs at the tank and it was fixed. The problem has now sprung up again.

When the boiler was fitted 2 years ago i followed the advice of the installer who said leave the water on constant, to save on having to wait for the tank to warm up.

It seems somewhere along the line my system messed up and now my rads are constantly on!. The display in my kitchen currently says that my water is on constant and my rads are set to auto. But the roles have reversed.

Any help greatly appreciated to avoid me having to wait 2 days for the engineer to arrive.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like its never been wired up properly, afraid you'll need to get someone in

Thanks for the reply,

This same thing happened the day after the system was installed, the engineer came out and said something just needing switching across.

After that it was fine up until last week when it happened (apparently then fixed), and now again today. It has me confused as there really isn't much within the tank cupboard to mess with.

Ah well il call out the engineer and watch what he does, then next time i can crack on myself.

Cheers

I agree with Eaton, it sounds like it is connected up wrong and I think the engineer manually opened the motorised valve, so the system would heat up.

Has the cylinder had the element connected? if so this may be a easier way to get hot water until you get your wiring looked at

Sponsored Links
As above sounds like he just opened up zone valve. Mugged you off if he has, poor show. Where do you live, bound to be a good bloke we know. I'll post it in the combustion chamber ( bit for gas lads only) when I know of location

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back