can someone tell me what pipe/flexi pipe for this waste

4 May 2012
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Sorry to ask but I need to know the best way to connect this trap to my solvent waste.

When the trap is put together it is nowhere near the waste. I have tried to cut some more solvent pipe and elbows but I cannot get it to line up.

Don't really want to cut the carcus. Is there a flexi hose of some sort I can use which will screw into the waste then compress/weld on to the waste?

Cheers all

I have attached the trap 90° to the waste and I am left with this gap which my u bend won't fit.

Any links would be most useful.
Sponsored Links
Try Flexi Waste Pipe Fittings

Sponsored Links
Try Flexi Waste Pipe Fittings


Whatever you do, do not use this one (from Screwfix for example). Only use McAlpine branded flexi's (if you really must use one at all).

The pictured one does not have the internal bore required by a kitchen sink, its about the equivalent of 1 1/4", at best. AVOID.

Cheers guys.

I would have thought I would have been able to get hold of a flexi u bend type piece of kit. At this rate I might just end up cutting a new waste access in the carcus
You can get solvent weld to compression flexi-connector.

Normally a male end solvent weld to a compression waste.

Is that what you are after?

Just had a good look at your photo and I am a tad confused. Where is the solvent weld? I can only see compression.....

Anyhow, see link below. I've used the firm before and I would recommend them.
Thanks mate.

The I have screwed the compression end onto the solvent waste to show the gap I am left with.

The u bend part of my trap will obviously not fit.

So I am after a flex that will either go into the solvent waste and then into the bottom of the trap. Or to find a flex that will attach via compression at each end (to fit how it is in the picture!)
You can get both (compression to compression and solvent weld to compression)

FWIW, easier having the solvent weld end in the waste exit because you can then unscrew the compression end from the bottom of the sink trap whenever you need to clean it.

Have a look at the link I posted.

Let me know if no good.

OP - have a look at what Dan posted.

Didn't read all your posts properly so didn't realise the actual U part of the trap wouldn't fit.

Thought you wanted a flexible connector from trap outlet to waste outlet.

The one you have selected says it can be used as a trap but I would hazard a guess that the ridges will not be as effective a smooth U (as carp will get in the grooves)

Up to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links