Double Kitchen Sink Waste Pipe Configuration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace the compression fittings of the waste pipe of my double kitchen sink. The house is new build and I keep having issues with them leaking. I would prefer to use solvent weld as I have always found it reliable in the past.

The issue that I am having is finding a suitable fitting to connect to the waste strainer. Is the only option to have a bottle trap, P trap etc... I would prefer to have the trap further down the waste pipe - I'm not sure if this is advisable or possible. I would like to make more space in the cupboard by doing this.

Currently I have two 90 bends connected directly to the waste strainer, these then join and are then connected to a P trap. However, I cannot seem to find an alternative to these 90 compression fitting bends.

I will try and add a picture but the site doesn't seem to be allowing me for some reason.

Sponsored Links
Quality compression fittings can be just as reliable as solvent weld, though the bespoke cheap compression fittings are a mare. McAlpine fittings I have found are just as reliable as solvent weld but not as permanent.

What alternative you you need? there are loads of straight multifit connectors that will connect to the waste spigot but they are mosrtly compression, you could then fit a running trap or waterless trap further downstream.

th

Of course you can get standard waste fittings and solvent weld couplers/pipe that would allow a customised setup but don't really see the need, there are plenty of double bowl trap setups that can easily be configured to maximise undersink space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back