Can the same tube fill and empty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to replace my very old Bosch integrated model with a freestanding Miele - incidentally you can get a good price on this one at the moment: G645SC, about to be replaced but seems to be very close to the new spec.

Looking at the back of the Bosch there is only one tube - about 4cm diameter made out of ridged plastic. It is connected to my cold water supply. On the way to the dishwasher it goes thru a rectangular plastic box. The outflow comes through the same tube and passes by the side of the rectangular box - so I guess the tube actually contains two hoses. I have not disconnected it from the dishwasher yet as I am still using it.

Is this a standard set up or is the Miele likely to need the two hoses separated?

If I need to get a plumber in would it be sensible to get the water from the hot supply?

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Does the box part screw directly onto the water valve? I have seen something similar which incorporates a device to detect leakage in the water pipe and shut off to prevent flooding. Most machines will have 2 hoses, cold water feed and waste outlet. The Miele probably has no provision for a hot water feed.

the device you are describing is a combined fill and drain unit. fido is right to say that it acts as an aquastop device. irrespective of what it looks like it should still be connected to the water supply and the drain simultaneously. when you get rid of your machine this whole apparatus goes with it. your miele should arrive with a standard fill hose and separate drain hose.
with regards to hot water fill, you must read the installation guide. i've seen many running on a hot supply, but i've also seen dire warnings about doing so in some instruction books.

Thank you for that - very helpful.

The box does screw straight onto the valve. So, what I am hoping is that the Miele will come with a fill hose that will attach onto the valve the same way.
The drain hose eventually joins up with the drain from my kitchen sink so hopefully it will be straightforward connecting onto that.

I think the Miele can take hot fill - was just wondering if it is a major benefit. Am not inclined to go for it as it would involve some real plumbing.

Sponsored Links
Dishwashers use a relatively small amount of water so the energy savings from a hot fill will be negligible, especially if the hot water has to travel a fair distance to the dishwasher.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back