Can this garden be levelled out or would it interfere with DPC?

I'd be most worried about the damp proofing detail where that funny little wall touches your house. If that corner of next doors gets water logged it's only got one place to go. It should have been built on their side and then would be below their DPC but instead it's on your side above it. Tell them to dog leg it over a bit or cut a gap between it and your house.

Would some weep holes in the wall help?

Sponsored Links
Guys, just been to the house and had a closer look... so it actually looks like this! I thought the grass was all the way up to the wall but no. Also the air brick isn't directly on the ground. There is one brick below it. Is this acceptable?

Pretty much every house in the development is like this but just need to be careful because ours is the only one with the garden sloped towards it, so if the space fills with water it could still get in.

Attachments

• 20210319_175611.jpg
    20210319_175611.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20210319_175521.jpg
    20210319_175521.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210319_175740.jpg
    20210319_175740.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 77
Guys, just been to the house and had a closer look... so it actually looks like this! I thought the grass was all the way up to the wall but no. Also the air brick isn't directly on the ground. There is one brick below it. Is this acceptable?

I would suggest yes, that should be fine - subject to checking the DPC level is clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back