Can this TV be repaired? Any advice appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone.

My evil 2 year old son cracked our LED Samsung TV to leave it with a crack in the screen and a section of black vertical ‘nothing’ down the screen - so it has pierced the screen and hit the LeD part

We’ve made a claim on insurance but just wondered if it’s even possible for it to be repaired? It’s not that old so just seems a waste to scrap it if it can be at a reasonable cost.

Thanks for all advice

Attachments

• 55D23076-EF2D-4E78-84EE-FBFFC245579E.jpeg
    55D23076-EF2D-4E78-84EE-FBFFC245579E.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 311
Sponsored Links
A new screen will be very costly.
google the model number and "new screen".
Do the same on ebay.

Certainly can. Have you tried contacting any local audio visual shops? There are two independents near me who offer TV repair and have stock of generic LED panels. Not sure if they can replicate the exact spec of your original screen but they do a great job.

Depends how much the TV cost, we bought a 42" from Tesco on black Friday for £150 when same happened to is, found we had to pay £200 excess on insurance and a replacement screen quoted at £120 and £50 fitting so would cost more to repair than buy new and not worth claiming from insurance.

However had I paid £1000 for it, then may have been worth repairing, but the replacement we got is bigger and has satellite and terrestrial inputs, and will record onto a hard drive so is far better but not much more to buy.

Sponsored Links
hi everyone.

My evil 2 year old son cracked our LED Samsung TV to leave it with a crack in the screen and a section of black vertical ‘nothing’ down the screen - so it has pierced the screen and hit the LeD part

We’ve made a claim on insurance but just wondered if it’s even possible for it to be repaired? It’s not that old so just seems a waste to scrap it if it can be at a reasonable cost.

Thanks for all advice

It's worth getting a quote so you can decide the best course of action. It's an LCD by the way...

Once you have finished deciding what to do, if the TV is to be disposed off - perhaps offer it on your local Freegle group.
Someone else may want the challenge of repairing it or using parts to repair another.

Put it in the garage and save it for your son, when he is older and wants a consol, you can give it to him to remind him of his evil act :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back