Can vertical fabric blinds be dyed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We have just decorated the living room and need to replace the existing vertical blinds as they are now the wrong colour.

However, they are relatively new and are in perfect condition.

I'm wondering, therefore, if it is possible to dye such things. At the moment, they have a very subtle blue tint to them, but we want them in a beige or cream colour. They are machine-washable fabric and I thought there might be a way of sticking them in the washing machine with dye.

Has anyone ever tried such a thing, or know of any colouring product which might do the job? I've never dyed ANYTHING before.

It occurs to me that it would be worth experimenting anyway, because the blinds have to be replaced one way or the other so even if it turns out to be a disaster it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Cheers.

(Apologies if this duplicates any other messages. The "search" function was not working when I posted)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back