Cleaning vertical blinds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife has given me a task to repaint our dining room whilst she is away. :(
this i have now done, but i noticed that our vertical blinds now look rather dismal and could do with freshening up. Any body out there know how to clean these things?
i have heard that you can put them in the washer on a "freshen up" setting, but i am not convinced.
They are fabric but i aint to good wth washing machines and fabrics
If i manage to suprise her and get them looking good, i will get extra passses out to the pub :LOL: so any help appreciated
Alf

Sponsored Links
use a soft sponge or cloth warm (not hot) water and just a small amount of washing up liquid. rub them gently then do the same with just plain warm water.
Hope this helps extra night in the pub getting closer :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We have just had new verticals fitted and we have been told they are machine washable. This is how we were told to do it.

To wash them remove the weights whilst they are hanging at the window, unclip each louvre and hold them at the top so that they are one on top of the other, as they are when they are opened on the track. Roll them gently to form a 'polo' mint shape and place them in a pillow case. Knot the end of the case so that the blinds cannot unfold. put them in the machine on a cool (40) quick wash cycle, using a small amount of detergent.

Hang them on the line to dry, after removing from the pillow case of course. Do not tumble dry and under no circumstances use any bleach products as this will ruin the material.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back