cleaning and repairing vertical blinds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our vertical blinds are looking awful recently. The cat sits in the windows leaving fur everywhere and heavy winter condensation has also left mould on the blinds.

If I remove the plastic parts is it possible to put the blinds in the washer? One website suggests putting them in a pillow case rolled up. Has anyone done this?

Also can you buy new chains for the bottom weights? The cat has ruined these Too!

Sponsored Links
They are usually coated to keep them clean and water proof, wetting them can destroy this.

Sponsored Links
New slats are only about a quid each
hadn't realised this. While searching I also ordered whole new blinds for another bedroom. We redecorated a bit back and threw away the manky blue verticals in there. wish I'd kept the track etc.

Although I doubt they can go in the washer, if you do then put them in a pillow case & tie string around the end to close it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back