Can you a have H&C & waste pipe within a fire partit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In our (business premises) extension we have constructed a stud wall to support a domestic stair to the loft space above. Both sides are to have double fireline board as is the underside of the stairs themselves.

I have a downstairs vanity unit against this board wall and it would be much neater to bring the 32mm solvent weld waste pipe up and the H&C plastic supplies through the sole plate of this stud partition and into the cabinet at trap height. Essentially the pipes would then be encased when we put the inner double skin on the studwork.

Is this allowed? If I do it, I could create a pocket with fire rated foam to encapsulate the pipes.

I would welcome constructive comments

Sponsored Links
It sounds ok to me as you describe it. You should also fit fire collars round any pipes which come through the fireline board.

Thank you for your reply Denso13

Do you get fire collars for 15mm pipes. I've seen one reference to a 32mm product.

I would appreciate a URL if anyone knows one.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back