can you belive it

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Having paid out for three surveys on flats I didn't end up getting- I reckon it's a good idea that the seller does the survey so that anyone interested in the flat can have a look. At the moment it's rediculous that you have to fork out over well £100 pounds for each property you are interested in. Several people can get surveys done on the same property and even if only one survey is conducted it still costs almost the same to 'buy into' it.
Al
:mad:

BOB.DOLE said:
Can you beleive it another training board scam which thay are charging £8,ooo for the training, from next year everyone selling there homes have to have a sellers pack, you have to pay around £300 for a servey
done by a so called inspector who has a 8 day training course with the rest done at home over 9 months at 25 hours a week.

this is all they do just sat around thinking of ways to rip us off i am moving abroad i have had enought of this dump im gonna sell up and get out of this prison.

Are you selling your house before you move abroad..........

The idea is a good one that could speed up the sale process which is a joke in this country - but not sure how it will work in practice

I paid over £600 for a 'full survey'. When the report was given to me it stated that no furniture was moved, carpets lifted or any subterranean inspections carried out. How can that be a full survey? Are there any standards for the types of survey?

yep. Royal institute of surveyors have a standard to which their reports must meet. Unfortunately its a low standard. I do house inspections on a regular basis but i'm not chartered or a member or RICS so they arent good enough for mortgage purposes, but they are much more indepth and usually about 20 pages long.
the RICS ones are literally compiledin less than an hour using check boxes and standrad clauses.

However i do have to state the caveat that confined spaces and concealed structures cannot be inspected.
As for moving furniture.. can be done if necessary.. but lifting carpets... def a no no. can never put them back as they were... next you'll be asking to lift laminate floor and put that back down. and you want that done for less than £400 ?

plus i must add.. that even though i do these inspections for a living i still go someone else to do my homebuyers inspection... that way if i missed something (which is remarkably easy to do!!)... i've got someone else to blame and sue..!!! lol

Sponsored Links
Back