Can you buy end caps for 40mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a new kitchen fitted by the council and when they moved the sink they left the old pipe going through the wall, so instead of cutting the pipe off can i buy some sort of end cap to block off the hole for now as i was thinking of using the pipe to try and connect something to it so i can connect the washing machine to it so i don't have to use the one on the sink. I went to b&q to see if they sold anything to block the pipe off and the sold me a 40mm access cap which does not even fit the hole so i will be taking that back.

Sponsored Links
I went to b&q to see if they sold anything to block the pipe off and the sold me a 40mm access cap which does not even fit the hole so i will be taking that back.

The cap will be the same outside diameter as the pipe so you have to put a straight coupler on the pipe and push the cap into that.

I went to b&q to see if they sold anything to block the pipe off and the sold me a 40mm access cap which does not even fit the hole so i will be taking that back.

The cap will be the same outside diameter as the pipe so you have to put a straight coupler on the pipe and push the cap into that.
Need to ascertain whether is it pushfit or solvent weld first.

Sponsored Links
Need to ascertain whether is it pushfit or solvent weld first.

Obviously, but whatever he gets will be better than a plastic bag and a bit of tape. :LOL:

Depends on the quality of the bag and the tape. Sainsbury's bags are much better than morrisons. And don't get me going on tape... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's a temporary fix, so I wouldnt' bother too much to make it look proper.

For heaven's sake, it's a dry pipe left on the inside of the building which he hopes to utilise in the future. Why waste any money on it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back