speed fit end caps and cutting pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks to everyone who answered my post yesterday! Basically I am removing a kitchen sink and capping the pipes off with speed fit end caps until the kitchen fitter replaces the sink the following week, i just need to know a few more things before I go ahead with the job!

1) How well can I trust the speed fittings are they guaranteed not to let water through if I make sure the pipe has been de burred properly?

2) If I am cutting pipes connected to the mixer tap on the sink they will be close together, will this mean that the mini pipe cutter will not be able to turn fully around the pipe? what other tool can i use?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
1/ a pipeslice...£12 ? and no de-burring req

2/ hacksaw...£free from ur garage but de-burring req

3/mini pipecutter is basically the same as a pipeslicer but adjustable..no de-burring

the pipes should pull apart enough to do any of the above (or even bend..but gently and only a little !!)

martinseal said:
1) How well can I trust the speed fittings are they guaranteed not to let water through if I make sure the pipe has been de burred properly?

Many thanks

for a week they will be ok so long as they are pushed on properly but don't use the JG speedfit long term as they are prone to failing after a couple of years

Sponsored Links
1) Rather than use stop ends, you'd be far better off with service valves - that way there's no need to undo any of your work, or turn off any other valve, or drain anything, or get wet...

2) One like this:
B0001P0FNQ.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back