can you connect dishwasher to hot water supply?

So at long as you set the DW off at night, when there is plentiful HW then that is fine. (you don't want it using HW you could use for other things).
You don't necessarily have to wait for the cheap-rate hours. If you run the machine in the evening, there should (if the water-heating setup is 'adequate') still be a reasonable amount of fairly hot water left for the machine, and then the cylinder will get heated up again when the cheap lecky starts.
But of course you could just set the DW off at night (connected to the cold supply) and that may even be slightly more efficient! But you would need timer you trusted to cope with the 13A load
With many/most modern machines, one cannot get them to start by using a time switch in the electricity supply - I presume for 'safety' reasons **, many/most seem to now require that one presses a button to start them.

** seemingly a bit daft, because many of them have built-in 'delayed start!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Oh yes. You can use the delayed start.
Ironically, the only one of our appliances which has a 'delayed start'; (3h, 6h or 9h) is our tumble dryer, and that's the one appliance I would not trust to operate whilst we were asleep. Our WM and DW don't have a delayed start feature, and both need a manual press to start them (so external time switches no use).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
So at long as you set the DW off at night, when there is plentiful HW then that is fine. (you don't want it using HW you could use for other things).

But of course you could just set the DW off at night (connected to the cold supply) and that may even be slightly more efficient! But you would need timer you trusted to cope with the 13A load

Efficiency is a ratio of energy out over energy in and I don't think that would change.
But yes it could be cheaper to run, but that is not efficiency.

Efficiency is a ratio of energy out over energy in and I don't think that would change. But yes it could be cheaper to run, but that is not efficiency.
That sort of (physical) efficiency is not the only one. Have you not heard of 'cost efficiency' (or 'economic efficiency', or 'productive efficiency, or' ....)?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back