Hook dishwasher up to washing machine water supply & dra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a utility room in my apartment that has the standard washing machine hookups (separate H & C water w/cut-offs, and drain).

I would like to install a dishwasher next to the washing machine and use the existing washing machine plumbing. How could I make these connections? (I assume the dishwasher would just need to be hooked up to the hot water?)

I would prefer to get a built-in washing machine as they're about half the price of the std size portables I've found. Would this be a problem?

Do both types of washing machines have the same water & drain connections? If so, what would be the best way to go about hooking everything up?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Easiest way with the water connections is to use Y connections, so two pipes come off one supply. Then for the waste use a tee and wash machine trap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back