Washing machine and dishwasher off spured fcu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a fused connection unit that runs off a twin (ring main) socket in the kitchen. I have just brought a new dishwasher that runs at 2.5 kw and a washing machine that is already connected via the same FCU. Both sockets are about 1 metre away from each other.

Before I plug in the dishwasher, is that fuse likely to blow if both washing machine and dishwasher are on at the same time. Would this cause any damage to equipment if this does happen?

Cannot find out what the washing machine pulls in terms of Kw?

Any ideas or suggestions

Cheers

Coops

Sponsored Links
Advise the Mrs to use either not both for electrical and water feed reasons :idea:

Sponsored Links
I doubt the fuse would blow because it's unlikely that they will both be on their heating cycles at the same time, plus BS1362 fuses are pretty slow to 'blow' under small overloads.

You won't damage the appliances, but you might damage the FCU, as they are only rated for 13A maximum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back