Can you cut and join a washing machine inlet hose with another?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my brother recently found out that he had a leak and the source was the washing machine.
Now normally you'd just replace the inlet hose, but the inlet hose is connected to an isolater in the corner cupboard section which is now inaccessible. It appears to have been an after thought...

PHOTO-2020-07-03-15-21-21.jpg PHOTO-2020-07-05-11-09-26.jpg
The exposed bit where the pipes are seen is where the dishwasher is positioned as he wasn't sure at first where the leak was coming from.

The leaking is from this bit. (not his machine here - used to show the leak area)
washing machine hose.jpg

So can you cut the faulty hose and join a new one? Breaking up the corner cupboard area is out as it is all glued/fixed so major damage would be involved.

I see behind the dishwasher the pipework also - which could also be a probability but thought i'd ask the same.

Cheers,
Sparky

Sponsored Links
Why can’t you cut an access panel in the side panels of the corner unit using a jigsaw? Surely they’ll be hidden when the appliance is in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back