Washing Machine Inlet leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi ZWF16070W1 Washing Machine which has been working happily for around 11 months but the other day I went into my utility room and there was water all over the floor.

The hose connection onto the water inlet pipe was leaking. I have taken the hose off and checked the threads (which are fine) and the washer/gasket (which looks fine and undamaged) and cleaned everything and dried it. But it will just not seal on the inlet pipe.

So I nipped to B&Q and bought a new hose......which promptly leaked at both ends, went and had it exchanged...and the replacement hose also leaked at both ends. I have decided that they are just both rubbish hoses.

I'm going to nip to another hardware shop tomorrow to get a better hose but I was wondering if it is possible there is a problem on the copper pipe side of the inlet.

Cheers

Tom

Sponsored Links
Never had any issues with these - apart from using the correct rubber washer, of course, which would be supplied with the new pipe.
Unless you are using a plastic on off fill valve...they can crack after a while. I only use the chromed brass ones now.
John :)

whats the chances of 3 rubbish hoses?

i would be looking at the wash mac valve or the person fitting them :D

The inlet valve itself is fine and is not leaking when everything is off. SO if it was anything on the valve it would need to be the threaded section.

The hose that came with the washer (and worked fine for 18 months) was not leaking at the washing machine end, just the 2 new hoses did that, and that was leaking from the back of the compression fitting on the hose side rather than the machine side.

I'm getting a new hose this morning...I'll have to see if that solves it....and maybe they can tell me how to fit it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If the hose is leaking from the crimped ferrule then it is indeed a dud hose...maybe a faulty batch?
Just make sure you are using the correct washer in each end.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back