Can you fit a power shower to a main multi point ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tittle asks the question,

Can a power shower be used with a main multi point boiler ?

There was an old triton pumped shower fitted before i ripped out the bathroom ( the one with the small pump housed on the wall unit)

but I always thought you couldnt run a power shower off a multipont ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
:D

Gets even better :D

Never knew that one. don't know how the boiler wasn't damaged if he was trying to pull water faster than it could heat it.

The flow would have been restricted/determined in the multipoint. Those little pumps would only supply about 10 litres/minute anyway, so probably did absolutely nothing in yer man's case.

I think they're unavailable now, by the way, which is a real shame. I'm looking for a working "scrap" one....

kevplumb said:
water regs marra

yer can't pump a mains supply ;)
To be strictly accurate (;)), you can pump a mains supply if the flow rate is no more than 0.2 litres/minute - above that you need the permission of the water supplier, which is unlikely to be granted.

Softus said:
kevplumb said:
water regs marra

yer can't pump a mains supply ;)
To be strictly accurate (;)), you can pump a mains supply if the flow rate is no more than 0.2 litres/minute - above that you need the permission of the water supplier, which is unlikely to be granted.

0.2 litres/second ... 12 litres/minute

BoxBasher said:
Softus said:

0.2 litres/second ... 12 litres/minute
Er, yes; as I said, to be strictly accurate... :oops:

Do I really have to spell it out?

Did you not notice the 'embarrassed' emoticon?

Apologies... :oops:

Didn't mean to gloat, just doesn't happen very often.

Just waiting for you to return the favour next time I make a mistake (which happens quite often...)

Come on Guy's,

No need to fall out.

I only asked a simple question. Anyway, I fitted the new Thermostatic shower today and to be honest, there is no need for a pump.

Its works fine so no need to fall out now :)

Chris,

If i knew you wanted the old one i would have posted it to you, In the skip now BUT i am fitting a new shower next week that had a gravity fed power shower (Mira but a slightly more modern one)

She has had a new combi fitted and the plumber has issolated this one so it will be coming out next week if you want it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back