Can You Get Bar Mixer Shower With 15mm Inlet Connections?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story, so I won't bore you. Just trying to sort someone else's problem job.

Do any bar mixers come with 15mm compr. inlets, instead of the usual 3/4'' BSP? I know many big chunky (expensive) mixers do.

Need to attach one to 2 short lengths of pipe that have 15mm nut and olives on, that stick out of wall. The wall has been newly tiled.

Alternatively, can you buy a chrome fitting thats 15mm compr. one end, and 3/4'' male thread the other?

Otherwise, will have to hack out new tiles. :cry:

Sponsored Links
you can buy a 3/4" male iron to 15mm copper compression fitting , but it will make the shower a couple of inch's off the wall.

Thanks, that's a good suggestion. The previous plumber left it with a washing machine valve (15mmx3/4'' male), so its way off the wall anyway.

Your suggestion prompted me to search, and BES do a chrome 15mm comp. x 1/2'' male fitting. They also do a 1/2'' x 3/4'' chrome bush that will go on the end of this fitting, so I can screw shower onto this.

Forget about the bar shower. If you are skint get a Trevi ctv, cheap as chips.

can you buy a chrome fitting thats 15mm compr. one end, and 3/4'' male thread the other?

Yes but your valve will be 4" out from the wall :eek: and the pipes will break the first time the kids have a swing from it :LOL:
A bit more of an eyesore than a "big chunky mixer"

You(or your "plumber") should really have thought of this before you tiled.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back