Can you help me identify this coal effect gas fire?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was hoping someone can help me identify my gas fire. I recently purchased a house with a coal-effect gas fire. We had a gas plumber come out to check the gas line which was fine but he noticed some scorching on the side. He said the coals were probably not arranged properly so we tried to identify it. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a rating plate or anything like that where we could identify the manufacturer or model number.

Would prefer not to replace the whole thing as I really just need to have the coals arranged properly so any help in identifying what the model/manufacturer is would be much appreciated. I have enclosed some photos below.

thanks
ANDREW
OHMeQ5tzQaqHTCXZyr03%A.jpg
GZuyr3pOQFCR5zhrnUG%0A.jpg
%ClP2ZFnRHG7ef%%8CFnhg.jpg
hYxuXqoGTxeoX3sBRSCOqg.jpg
ZAFgVs8FQ1qt7Vkf7imXHQ.jpg
OHMeQ5tzQaqHTCXZyr03%A.jpg

DwyvXDYKTB6f8ALKSqn+Zw.jpg
c83Uj9OyQSO56uOS5hmNCA.jpg

Sponsored Links
yes do a fair bit of work in Dunoon, one of my fav places , I am also a piper and used to love the gathering, real shame that dunoon is no longer a major

Sponsored Links
@FiremanT will probably be able to help you, I have tagged him for you, he will be along soon

Thanks for the (probably misplaced :) ) confidence in me, Ian. I recognised the narrow burner tray with the coal supports and the black aeration adjustment knob, but could not delve deep enough into my murky mind for a maker.

CrossT may well be right by saying it is a Powerflame, and of it is, New World WERE the maker.
I sold a grand total of ONE, back in, IIRC, in 1994/95, so his date is about right. No chance of parts or support.

Thank you - I appreciate your help. The fire works just fine - unfortunately, don't know how the coals are supposed to be arranged. Sounds like I need to look at getting a new one.....sigh. Once again, thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back