Can you plaster both sides of Plasterboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a stupid question, but I have some tapered edge 1/2inch plasterboard, one side like gray and one dark. The dark side says 'Plaster other side'. My problem is that I was using up a friends off cuts and I didn't realise this until I put a whole sheet up.

So, why does it say not to plaster the darker side? I spoke to a plasterer and he said it should be fine with a coat of PVA.

Sponsored Links
I agree with your plasterer. The grey side is specially prepared to accept plaster direct, perfect finish every time. The other side is just paper - so PVA it first.

Don’t worry, your plasterer knows as long a he seals it it’ll be fine. ;)

Sponsored Links
jesus dont listen to them.. one side has a overlap , the other side doesnt. it also has a slight taper for the connection ( easier to blend) it makes no bleeding difference apart from one side goes off quicker.. stay with the white side just get it on...

jesus dont listen to them.. one side has a overlap , the other side doesnt. it also has a slight taper for the connection ( easier to blend) it makes no bleeding difference apart from one side goes off quicker.. stay with the white side just get it on...
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back