Can you put a bleed screw on the other end of a radiator ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a radiator under a piece of my kitchen worktop . I can't bleed it because the bleed screw is on the end I can't get at . Is it possible to make this end into a bleed screw ? I'll post a picture
Thanks

Sponsored Links
PXL_20210126_165233192.jpg

Can't see why not. Best of luck unscrewing that end though.

I've found in the past a 1/2" square drive from a socket set ratchet taps into the square....you may get lucky!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Doesnt matter which end you put the bleed point on you can have one on each end if you want, good luck getting one to fit that though, and you will need to buy a rad key to fit one if you can find it, just change the rad and send that one to a museum

Homebase has the vent you need - replacement radiator plug and air vent set - the old fashioned type you need - and PTFE tape too.

Haven't heard anything bad about them and with these types of solution .... no news is good news .... and they have been available for a while.

Never tried them though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back