Can you replace an integrated dishwasher with 'normal' dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a rental property, which was previously our home.

It had an integrated dishwasher, which seems to me, just a dishwasher with a matching cabinet door screwed to the front.

Anyway, this dishwasher is no longer working, but getting a new replacement door may be a problem, so I was thinking, would a 'normal' non-integrated dishwasher be OK, to fit in the space.

thank you

Sponsored Links
Yes, a 'normal' one should fit in the space but why not fit the door from the old dishwasher onto the new one? They don’t come with doors fitted.

Free standing dishwasher normally needs 600mm+ space while integrated fits in a 600mm space including carcass.So will be a tight fit.

Sponsored Links
A "normal" dishwasher might not have adjustment to counterweight the additional load of the decor panel.

I'm sure you don't really mean swapping the actual doors over.

Yes, a 'normal' one should fit in the space but why not fit the door from the old dishwasher onto the new one? They don’t come with doors fitted.
I meant why not buy another integrated dishwasher and fit the door from your old non-working one onto the new one. I got the impression that the OP was concerned that they wouldn’t be able to get a new door to match the existing cupboard fronts if they bought another integrated dishwasher.

Free standing dishwasher normally needs 600mm+ space while integrated fits in a 600mm space including carcass.So will be a tight fit.
Looking online, all integrated dishwashers are 59.8cm wide. Many freestanding ones are 60cm but there are others that are 59.8cm and some are even 59.6cm presumably to fit inside a 60cm space?

Depends on what the OP wants I suppose - they could replace it with either.

Last edited:
No fitting required for this "normal" dishwasher.
700-03017708en_Masterfile.jpg

Stand alone dishwashers tend to be cheaper than integrated, so maybe if the OP is not fussed over the look of the door, then it is a case of why pay more.
OP have you measured the space? Is the existing washer inside a carcass or is there end panels that could be removed?

Ao have a baumatic integrated dishwasher for not much more than the cheapest freestanding one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back