Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a hotpoint wf840

can i run it on cold only

but without damaging anything on the machine

i will have the hot fill tap capped

can't see anything in the manual that says i can

i feel i'm asking a silly question but answers are very easy when you know the answer

Sponsored Links
yes it will work ok but will take longer to do a wash as it heats the water but you need to fit a "Y" and connect both hot and cold connections to your cold supply if it has a hot connection (modern ones tend to be cold only)

thanks for that kevindgas

but if i feed both hot and cold into the cold my clothes will rinse in a warmer water and that is surely wrong

i,m suggesting just cold feed from mains to macines cold feed & capping off the hot feed

sorry if i wasn't clear

no you got the "Y" the wrong way!

cold main into "y"
2 pipes from "y" to hot and cold connections on washing machine as the machine would normally take hot water on some programmes and will stall if it cant get water (but it can't tell between hot and cold temp - it just raises it until it gets to right temp)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back