can you see this photos please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I just trying to find out if the water pipe inside my house it's bigger than 15mm " 2 years ago I replaced my combi boiler for a new one and I think they fit a 32mm water pipe.

Can you identified the water pipe on this photos and let me know the size!!! if possible.

Many thanks
View media item 13169 View media item 13168

Sponsored Links
Those dont show the water supply pipe to your house.

The boiler connections seem to be the usual 22 mm for heating and 15 mm for water !

What are you trying to achieve?

Tony

The 22mm pipe 3rd from right which reduces to 15mm is the cold water in to the combi, the 15mm second from left is the hot water out to the taps.

I woudl like to find out if my water pipe (inside my house) it's bigger than 15 mm.

we'll look if I can find more pipes to posted.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
I am fitting a second bathroom on the 4rd floor of my house and my water pressure it's only 1.6 bar and I've been told that I won't be able to run 2 showers at the same time with my combi boiler.

Regardless of mains pressure or pipe size to combi you will struggle to run 2 showers off a combi at the same time

A combi boiler can only heat a limited flow of hot water.

You have not told us which model you have!

The standard combi is 24 kW and can heat about 8-9 litres per minute. Thats enough for one shower but not two!

If you really must run two showers at the same time then you need a storage cylinder and that will have to be backed up by a lot of storage.

If you have a good mains flow, say 22 li/min or more, then an unvented cylinder is the answer. That could be heated by a 24 kW combi boiler!

Tony

I am quite confuse but my boiler is a worcerter 42cdi
I though having a 32 mm pipe on my house will resolve the problem!!!

I am quite confuse but my boiler is a worcerter 42cdi

I though having a 32 mm pipe on my house will resolve the problem!!!

What you think may not be the actual situation!

To run two normal showers you will need a dynamic mains flow rate of say 22 litres per minute.

Your boiler will run 1.75 showers if one decided that you need 8 litres per minute in the winter.

Of course there are many different showers and they can be adjusted differently.

So if you have adequate mains supply then you could probably run two showers at the same time ( just ! ).

Tony

A nice glass of wine with dinner tonight tony?
Some witty repartee afterwards?

Pip Pip old pal !

A 42 kw HE boiler will deliver about the same as two 24 kw SE boilers, and I have never heard anyone say you can't run a shower off one of those.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back