Can you solve my Vaillant combi boiler problem, Sherlock?

• Thread starter Grimly Feendish
  • Start date
While I know not what day it is today, I am sure April is long gone. April the 1st it certainly isnt today.

Sponsored Links
Mr Gripe, the doofer in the water section is not engaging with the Stochametric valve. Do I need a pojer key to remove aforementioned doofer or will the water section have to be replaced as a complete unit? Do you part numbers for the items I may require.

Sponsored Links
Blather you do have something to gripe about. Looks like Mr gripe has created a Vallentstein

Hummmm, mixed views from some of my followers 'of old'

Presumably you personally guarantee the boiler is doing the following mr Fiendly whats it name?

1 Hot tap on.
2 Diaphragm in water section lifts & raises cam in servo 'making' M3
3 M3 starts fan & pump
4 With fan running, Air pressure switch closes. (Proving fan running)
5 With pump running, a differential pressure is set up across it
6 This is passed to:
A. Water defiency valve
Opening gas inlet
B. Hydraulic valve inlet
M1 proving pump running
7 With signal from fan & pump:
A. The boiler will go to ignition
B. 20v DC on solenoid
C. 240v at spark generator
8 Boiler now lights or goes to lockout.

My next book signing in the UK (Named the Feendishly difficult guide to Vailliant boilers) will take place in Royston Vasey 30 February 2008

Your forever

Horace V C W Gripe

Well it all shows how you can be wrong.

I had always thought that those vaillant boilers were designed by some German like the Von Brawn who designed those fiendisly simple alcohol burning engines they used on the V2 rockets. ( Mental aberation as I at first typed "V2 boilers" !

People called Horace usually designed pools winning systems.

Tony

Agile said:
People called Horace usually designed pools winning systems.
Tony

Good thinking AND Keynsham spelt K.E.Y.N.S.H.A.M.
is in Somerset.
The plot thickens :!:

Dear All

I thought I would write to let you know how my little boiler problem has been resolved. You will recall that I have a Vaillant VCW GB 240H boiler and the dhw wasn't working properly, with a high litreage per minute going through the hot tap and the boiler only firing at full flow, with the result that I could only get lukewarm water and if I turned the tap down significantly the boiler went out.

All has been resolved, thanks to the generous input from you people on this forum! It was indeed the water section diaphragm which was causing my problem. It was perforated and badly distorted. As it was date stamped 1989 it had not done badly! We also change the diverter valve diaphragm (which was ok but date stampted 1994 so needed changing) and gave the boiler a service in accordance with the manual which Vaillant sent me. Now it works perfectly!!!!

Thanks to all but extra special thanks to the following for their insightful contributions: -

Scrufflepeck - your boiler diagnostic skills are peerless!
Horace Gripe - thank you for inventing this wonderful boiler Horace!
Merv the Perv - you are the little Welsh chap who put me in touch with the Great Horace Gripe - thank you for that!
Blather - a superb albeit slightly misguided contibution. I shall however be making good use of the diagnostic methodology that you have pioneered, namely the Naked Hand Method (NHM) and the Head Rest Technique (aka "pipe talking") - they make perfect sense to me. Best wishes Blather and I hope you overcome your psychiatric difficulties!

Thanks also to ChrisR, Werewolf, Agile, et al for your kind suggestions!

Bye everyone!!! See you when my boiler blows up next time!!! Bye!!!!!!!

Yours ever

Grimly Feendish

++++++++++++++
Foolish post (by person using a fake name pretending to be another member) removed

Mod Rupert
++++++++++++++

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back