can you tap off hot water from an over sink water heater?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an existing over sink hot water heater.

Can I get hot water from that to suppy a tap about 2 meters away on another sink?
(We don't want an over sink water heater on the new sink as they are a bit ugly on the wall.)

Usage is very very light on both sinks, for a quick handwash etc

Or do I have to get another water heater to supply both sinks?

Or where can I find a small low power under sink water heater for the new sink?

(no gas in the building)

thanks

Sponsored Links
I would hazard a guess and say yes but don't think they will both work at the same time :D

I wince when saying this but both Ariston and Heatre Sadia make undersink heaters that do not need G3 installation certificates - but it'll still need a Part P sparks to certify.

thanks for the reply Bahco... I thought so but the hot water comes out of a spout... not sure how to take from that to another tap?

Dan_ -

Would you say this sort of thing sutable?
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Ariston_Europrisma_Under_Sink_Water_Heaters.html

They all seem to be 10L... that is far too physically big.
The heater we have now is over sink and probably 2L-5L and that does the job... we just don't want another over sink thing but I can not seem to find a small under sink one.

It can either supply 1 sink or 2 but it has to be under the sink and small.

Sponsored Links
Is the oversink one you have now a storage device, or does it heat water when you draw it off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back