Candy dishwasher water cut-off not working when door open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed that the items on the top basket have not been very clean recently and traced that to the top spray arm not spinning. I bought a new unit - spray head and arm, but it's no better. The position of the spray head doesn't change even when there is water in the machine. It does rotate freely by hand and there are no items blocking it's path.

The other thing which is wrong and I think related, is that if we open the door whilst the washer is on, the water is switched off initially, as expected, but after a few seconds, it suddenly starts spraying (I've been soaked a few times now!). The water is definitely coming out of the top outlets. I've also tried putting the basket in the lower top setting (there are 2 positions for the top basket) but this makes no difference.

So I'm fairly certain there is no blockage further into the machine and it's a new spray/arm unit so its seals, etc are fine.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it time for a new machine. It's nearly 15 years old.

any ideas are much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
i think the motor may be weakening or
the seals where the spray arm fastens on the upper basket or
the pipe which sends water up from the sump to the top basket blocked
try running it empty after cleaning all the spray arms etc but without the top basket
then again with the top basket

see how you get on

the door open saga is a faulty catch
undo the front panel and have a look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back