Candy Fridge is Freezing everything

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Candy Fridge Freezer Model CPCA291FFK and the upper Fridge compartment is acting like a Freezer although the thermostat is turned down as far as it will go!
The Freezer compartment below is working fine.

I have had an Engineer look at it and he has said it needs a new PCB P/N 97922579
I would have thought it was the thermostat or Sensor causing this but I’m no Fridge engineer!

Is this because the Thermostat is part of the PCB?

Anyone got any experience with this Model P/N CPCA291FFK, S/N 34000292

Its not under warranty

Thanks

Sponsored Links
In general fridges and freezers today do not have a thermostat as such but a sensor and a board with a PIC on it. (Programmable integrated circuit) The PIC on the board reads the sensor and decides if the motor needs to run or not.

Since it is the same motor for fridge and freezer it can be messed up by a build up in ice. Often there are heaters to auto de-frost but blocked drains can upset the system. Before spending out any money try a full de-frost empty everything into bags unplug and prop open doors and aim a fan at the doors to completely defrost as a block of ice and insulate a sensor and cause it to run at wrong temperature. On mine the ice stopped the fan working in freezer which caused problem in fridge.

Its a Frost Free Freezer so there is no build up of Ice in the freezer compartment and the fan is working fine.

It could either be the PCB or the Thermister but I want to make sure I buy the right thing as the Thermister is around £10 and the PCB £50!

heeelllooo lordywood there is a void for the air to flow through this gets iced up and needs to be defrosted at least once a year

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo lordywood there is a void for the air to flow through this gets iced up and needs to be defrosted at least once a year

I have removed the panel over the fan and The fridge has been switched off for 24 hours so there is no buildup of Ice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back