Candy go1482 80 issue! Changed parts still not working????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have the above machine and it recently through a spanner and refused to finish a cycle and kept giving me code 9 which i found to mean ( electronic control module fault)..
When i checked the module i found the circuit board was burnt out in the centre and ruined so i replaced it with another thinking that was the end of that!! Wrong!! Then it showed error 5 ( fault on wiring of heat sensor or faulty thermostat) . Checking the wiring i found a fair bit of it was showing heat damage so i then replaced the whole wiring loom which was quite a mission and thought that was the end of it Wrong again!! Now its not showing the fault 5 but again showing the fault 9 around 20 mins into the cycle like it did in the beginning !! I have checked the module again and all seems ok with no signs of damage???? Seems odd that after replacing the module and even the whole loom im still getting the same fault?? Wondered if anyone could shed some light on this as im out of ideas here tbh.. Almost got a new machine here and my misses is needing it working asap lol :oops:

Sponsored Links
E9 is frequently caused by a blown motor triac, which can mean that a motor fault may have taken out your pcb in the first place. Firstly; post all the numbers on the door sticker + the part number of the pcb you bought so we can check if you have the right one.

Thanks for the fast reply there buddy.
The door label has the following codes on it>>

module 1482/ 80
n 31001954 0720 0281 type fce2

The module was the right part ordered and from what i can see only has 31001954 on a label on the white cover housing ..
Also has the number 41021527.AH08E07 on a label
Tbh , seemed exactly the same as the previous one and all wiring connections fitted the same.

It does seem the motor is quite noisy tbh and it would make sense it could be faulty as it fails to pick up speed and the machine dies when fast spin comes into play..

Seems like the right pcb (programmed module). I suspect your motor is bad.
Check the pcb carefully for a blown triac then check for worn motor brushes & signs of arcing on the commutator.
In the worst event you may need a new motor :(

Sponsored Links
Have just checked the motor and cant see anything wrong with it tbh?? Tho i dont know much about them truth said! Cant see no arcing signs or burns on the outside areas and ive checked the bushes which seem ok , By that i mean other than being worn un evenly at the ends they are still very long and seem to be in good order.. Not sure what else i can check on it unless i open it up!!
Have also just read online that if motor is the cause it will likely kill of a new replaced module motor triac. ( wasnt told that before i replaced it!!) Altho i have opened the pcb up and all looks mint inside so im hoping its not yet been killed off..
Im guessing that to replace the motor would be the next step unless theres something else i can check?
Thanks for all the helpfull info already ..
Just hoping i dont need to spend to much more as ive just returned from hols to find all the drama and im kindof short right now lol

Re-check the pcb p/n's & speak to the supplier...after some digging I could be wrong. If the one you ordered has p/n 41021527 it may not be programmed http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=41021527 It looks exactly like a programmed pcb http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=49010982 But the Eeprom is empty on 41021527 (unless they programmed it before shipping it to you?). The price is also higher for a programmed pcb. If by chance you did get the wrong pcb then you're stuck, specialized equipment is needed to program it. Pcb failure is often secondary damage & can be caused by any electrical component shorting out. It always pays to suspect this when a pcb has blown components/tracks etc. The motor triac advice is still valid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back