Cannon RG1 Foldaway Grill - broken motor

Pmw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The previous owners of our house kindly left a Cannon RG1 foldaway gas grill on the wall and we have been lucky enough to enjoy some excellent rotisserie'd chickens.... Until the motor turning motor went bang last time we used it.

Does anyone know where or how I can get the motor repaired or replaced?

It would be a disaster if the unit had to be scrapped, as it really does cook an excellent chicken!

Thanks in advance!

Pete

Sponsored Links
UPDATE:
OK so I have found a local company who can re-wind the motor to fix it, but I have another problem now!

2 of their guys came out to look at the foldaway grill, but they (as well as me) could not work out how to remove the electric motor.

They said an alternative was for me to remove the entire thing from the wall and let them have it, and in their workshop they could probably dismantle it enough to get to the motor. Obviously as it's connected to the gas, I'd need a gas-safe person to cap the supply whilst it's removed.

As it happened, I had a plumber at home changing a broken shower pump, who is also a gas-safe engineer.. he offered to cap and remove it, but when he looked at the unit, he said that because it was so old, it didn't have a gas consumption notice (sticker/panel etc), so he would not be able to reconnect it as he couldn't then test it was safe etc. (nor could another gas-safe engineer).

So the only way I can get this fixed is if I work out how to get the motor removed whilst the unit remains on the wall.

Removing the unit entirely from the wall is a one-way street to the dump!

Can anyone advise how to remove the motor, or point me to a link or similar which describes the process. It must have been designed to be serviceable without removing the entire unit given it is connected to the gas supply.

Thanks!
Pete

A very late reply to your post... I don't suppose you still have the Canon grill? I'm looking for one 2hich could be used for spares to keep my old one going for a few years more. Many thanks, Oliver 07867 635993

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back