Cannot find water leak onto lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a block cavity wall with rendering on front of house.

The front porch extends out beyond the main wall with a long concrete lintel holding up the blockwork above the continuous ceiling in the front hallway:

Mumsporch2copy.jpg

We have had water damage to the hall ceiling which I discovered was dripping down from the lintel. I checked the upstairs window over the porch roof and applied loads of frame sealant to be safe. I also cut in an extra wide strip of lead flashing over the porch roof and sealed it all properly. I tested the whole area with a pressure hose and no leak.

A builder also 'repaired' the exposed gable end of the porch roof and said that would fix the problem. The water is still getting in though whenever we get really bad wind and rain.

porchroof1copy.jpg

Is it possible the water is getting behind the rendering and tracking across to the inner blockwork (maybe via wall-ties?) and running down onto the lintel?

I have rebuilt the ceiling twice thinking I had fixed it! Help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back