Cannot shift CH airlock

Well, the system has gradually been getting worse so I called the company that installed the boiler (Viessmann Vitodens 100C) to do a service and check on the boiler. The temperature does not go above 60C, dropping back to 41C and then heating again on only 2/5 bars.
When the guy arrived, I switched off the CH and HW and, as he opened the front panel, the boiler fired up - and rose to 90C! That is without any external demand. Clearly, something is seriously wrong with the control board!
I had this boiler installed in 2005 and had the board and a couple of sensors replaced in 2009. They cost £193. Now they cost £380! So I have had it with Viessmann and will probably go for a Worcester 15RI. He quoted a total cost for supply and fitting of £1,891, but I am sure I can do better than that.

Sponsored Links
So I have had it with Viessmann and will probably go for a Worcester 15RI. He quoted a total cost for supply and fitting of £1,891, but I am sure I can do better than that.

Well Worcester have won the which best buy award for the last 7 years so I commend your choice of replacement boiler sir.............

Right.... Now where has my damn unicorn gone. Bugger keeps running off with my crack pipe... Must dash. Bye.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with WB Ri boilers. Its the poor installation on dirty systems that causes problems with the best of boilers. That is the fault of shoddy installers. Before I retired I attended many Ri installs and rarely found a problem that was entirely down to the boiler. My own 18RI is quiet, reliable and as efficient as any boiler. It replaced an old wall mounted Potterton.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back