Cannot switch off heating when water on

FMT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Solo HE boiler and a honeywell ST9400 programmer. I have an intermittent problem where if the water is on sometimes the heating comes on even if the thermostat is down. The light on the programmer for CH will be off but the radiators are hot. You can move the CH switch to off or override but it just keeps working. There is no way to stop the heating other than switching the water to off. With the water off the heating can be controlled perfectly with the buttons on the controller and thermostat etc.
I have had a plumber out who changed the switching valve and then an electrician changed the programmer so these parts must be ok

Does anyone have any other ideas please as I don't know what else to do?
Thanks
FMT

Sponsored Links
Do you have one three-port valve, or two two-port valves?

If the heating is on when it shouldn't be, then either the valve is being moved to the wrong position, or it's sticking in the wrong position.

Is it the three port valve that the 'plumber' changed?

If so, did he change the complete valve, or just the wet part, or just the powerhead?

Also, what make and model is the valve?

Sponsored Links
As far as I know he changed the whole thing (he drained down system) and it is a Tower mid position Valve Val328MP.

If you have a multimeter, check if you have power on the grey or white wire in the hot water only mode.

images

You are ignoring this user. Click here to bypass your ignore and view this post.
Click here to view your entire Ignore list.
You don't need to thank me - I'm just pleased to be able to help.

Have a nice day y'all.

• Thanks
Reactions: FMT

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back