Cant dub from HDD to DVD (sony HX525)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after dubbing a couple of movies for my kids this weekend i needed to do 1 more but for some reason i couldn't, i went through everything i need to do i them got message saying dubbing started and the counter on dvd started to tell me how long to go like it always does, then the counter just goes blank and nothing happens, does anyone have any idea what might cause this, the machine still plays dvds and movies stored in the hdd it also lets me edit new movies i have copied from sky+

Thanks in advance

Brett

Sponsored Links
Do the basics first...

Have you tried a lens cleaner?

Try a full power down i.e. unplug from the mains and allow 10 mins before repowering

I have found that low quality recordings on my hard drive/DVD writer have failed to transfer. I never use lowest quality if I want to write to DVD.

Not a clue as to why but the effected programs will play on hard drive and always fail to write to DVD. It does not affect all recordings and has only affected those taken from Sky+ not a problem with camcorder.

Nothing to do with lens cleaning or make of DVD it is some how linked to cramming so much on one DVD. I also get from time to time no index picture on the DVD recording.

I have found some faults will correct if unplugged and then rebooted. Switching off does not work must be unplugged. That has cured no icon problem when recording DVD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back