Can't find internal fire doors in the right size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to replace all my internal doors. I was looking at Deanta shaker style fd30 doors. They all come in the same height of 1981mm and a choice of 4 widths. They say 15mm can be taken off each edge.

The issue is a few of my doors are between 1901mm and 1920mm meaning I cannot take off enough to get it to fit. The same is true of the width on a couple of the doors

Have I just got very odd sized doors in my house? I'm surprised they don't make sizes to fit all situations. For example they do 686mm and 782mm widths, and mine falls right in-between those, making it impossible to get one that fits

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You need to do one of two things -

1 - Adapt/replace the door casings

or

2 - Get doors made to the sizes you want by using a local manufacturing joiner.

Option 1 will be the cheapest and best in the long term.

If it is a true certified fire door, it can only be made by an accredited manufacturer. These are pretty much all regional or national firms because of the costs involved.

I have a similar problem because my house was made in 1855, getting a door to fit is expensive.
Are you sure you can take 15mm of per side? when I have looked its been far less and as an overall (not per side).

So I'm redoing my door frames/casings to fit what are now standard sizes.

Sponsored Links
I have a similar problem because my house was made in 1855, getting a door to fit is expensive.
Are you sure you can take 15mm of per side? when I have looked its been far less and as an overall (not per side).

So I'm redoing my door frames/casings to fit what are now standard sizes.

Yeah if you look here : https://www.doorsuperstore.co.uk/product/deanta-internal-oak-bury-glazed-door.html

The 3 Deanta doors I looked at, all the oak shaker style ones can have 30mm taken off, and come in 4 sizes to start with. I emailed them and they said :

''
Thank you for your enquiry.

We offer bespoke made to order doors so you can order the Bury FD30 in the exact size you want.

We are unable to provide prices for this as we only sell directly to door distributors and builders merchants, but please contact your local stockist who will be able to help you with this.

Kind regards,''

A fire door fitted on a crap frame is never going to fit properly and will be difficult to make it comply to regs.
A lot easier to replace the frames as well so no door trimming is involved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back