Can't find matching skirting board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ripped of the skirtingboard in my bathroom when re-doing it so I can tile the floor and fit new skirting on top (which I think looks better).

Anyway, I chucked the skirting in the skip and went to look for some new. I can't find anything that matches anywhere, tried TP, B & Q Wickes, all the online sites. Anyone got any ideas?

The pictures below show a piece I retrieved from the skip. It is quite thick (about 22mm). Has a lambs tongue on the top and three reducing reeds then a straight bit. I am not bothered what it is made from, although would prefer softwood/mdf for cost, although I don't need much.

The door surrounds have the same reed effect and the skirting is the same throughout the house so I want as close a match as possible.

Sponsored Links
Never in my life have I seen one like this!

If u have wosley timber centre's near u they make most if not all types of Mouldings how much I couldn't tell u!

On the other hand u can get a small 20mm wide pine trim from Bnq and a normal og skirting and that would be pretty close ?

Thanks. There is a buildcentre timber branch not far from me. Might go down and have a chat and see what they have got.

The closest I coudl find had the three reeded profile which is the main part I want but the delivery was more than the skirting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back