How to find the correct Chamfered skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace skirting from a 1930's house, I was told by a builder i could still get the correct size but I am having issues.

There is lots of Chamfered skirting online but where it slants off is different and I can't seem to find any that matches.

The height is 12cm, depth is 2cm, it starts to slant off at around 4cm from the top.

Do I need to get it bespoke?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

skirt1.jpg

skirt2.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could get it made easily enough.

Thanks, I have been looking online and only one company seems to show the profile detail size, but it's 37mm and not the 40mm I need.

I will have to get it made, it's a little annoying that most sites don't have the profile detail size as it may already exist.

Actually doing a "40mm" search I have found some online. The issue now is the room is 15 foot in length, they don't come in that length. Its either 13.78ft or 10ft. Should I get two 10ft or one 13.78ft and one 10ft or does it not matter? Just wondered if the join would look better dead centre.

I had hoped not to have any join and don't want to cover it with loads of paint to hide it.

Sponsored Links
is this for random spot replacement part walls or whole rooms ??

is this for random spot replacement part walls or whole rooms ??

It's for one side of the room, so one 15 ft long wall and a wall next to the fireplace which is around 3 ft.

the only point you will see any difference will be iff 2 bits physically touch
in your case in a corner so iff within 5mm usually easy enough with a bit off sanding over a foot or so to taper in
120mm is ex 5" champered

Last edited:
another point to note
the first and last say 8" on a plank can be slightly different position and thickness off the moulding iff not fully supported when entering or leaving the machine so you may find a plank where the end is nearer what you want than the middle but check its a gradual transition and not a noticeable step

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back