Skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm in the process of replacing my skirting in my house (front room) I'm putting back the style that the house was made with 70mm Chamfer and round.
I have used MDF and so far have been impressed and cut it all to size on my mitre saw.

Now i need to fix it to the wall. Over the height of the skirting on the wall it has paint about 20mm down from the top and several areas where there are chunks out the bottom of the wall - where nailed skirting has been removed previous (but nothing more than you' expect)

To fix it to the wall I have been recommended no nails, gripfil (pink) or screw it. I have been told go with no nails because it sticks to anything, then someone says it doesn't, been told gripfil will stick, then someone says it wont.
On my hall, stairs and landing a previous owner has done exactly what i want to do, and it has been stuck - but i don't know what with (it has not been screwed)

Any ideas I'm lost what to attempt first?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back