Can't get 6" (152mm) tiles that match - how to use 147m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My kitchen was tiled some years ago with 6"/152mm tiles, from Cristal. These are now longer available and the best/only match for colour and texture are 147mm.

I have a suspended, illuminated ceiling which I want to replace with Parador panels and more modern lighting, and this will raise the ceiling by about 1 tile. This means I'll need to remove the current top row, which is not a full tile, and then re-tile to the new ceiling.

What's the best way of concealing the difference in the tile widths? I though perhaps some kind of border tile and the centre the new tiles on the older with wider grout lines? Other ideas very welcome (short of re-tiling the whole kitchen :( )

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Beige speckle, with tinted grout - which I can match. Yes, what you suggest was my first thought, I just wondered if anyone had any better ideas,

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back